Pages

2.21.2016

True Beauty







If you have read my blog long enough then you would know that I have had a burden to homeschool Lyla since she was about 3. She is so interested in learning and I feel like if we could focus on that interest then she would go so far in life. Also this momma thinks about the things you get exposed to in public schools. The character traits of others that are not acceptable but can't helped to be picked up if you are with them all day....The words that a child should not know...The innocence that could be lost in a moment .. when I am not there...and can not explain ..I can not fix. Once that innocence is lost.. it's gone.. forever.

Although there is a few things that my child has already picked up and learned that I am not happy about.. we have gotten to the stage of "boyfriends" and "who likes who". We are asking about makeup and jewelry.

I ask why she thinks she needs all that...she is to young. She says so she can look good and be beautiful.

So I go straight to the Bible to get something.. anything.. that will grab her attention and let her know that God made her without jewelry and makeup ...and she is perfect just the way she is.

So here is the lesson we are learning right now:

1 Peter 3:3-4
Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.


Your beauty is your spirit, your character, your joy, your friendship to others, your love for those that are unloving, your faith, your prayer life
Your beauty does not come from gold, glitter and all things that sparkle. Yes, they are nice and lovely to look at..but it does not make your beautiful.

You are beautiful .. just being You.





No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so nice to know that I am not talking to myself. I love reading your comments and I try to respond to each and every one! Thank you for stopping by!