Pages

7.31.2012

Could you live on $1.25 a day?

$1.25

Could you survive on less than $1.25 a day?

Survive125 is a game brought to you by 58:, a global initiative to end extreme poverty by living out Isaiah 58. And Compassion is part of the 58: Alliance.

In Survive125, you are asked to make the daily decisions nearly 1.3 billion people living in extreme poverty face every day. In doing so their struggle becomes yours.

Are you ready to play?

Here is your assignment:
  • Play Survive125.
  • Take note of how you feel and what you are learning as you play.
  • Write a post about about the decisions you had to make and your reasoning for doing so
  • Introduce your readers to Survive125 and challenge them to play and to share the game with their family and friends.
This game is an engaging and simple way to inform people about the devastation of extreme poverty.
Allow God to use you today by raising awareness about the issue of extreme poverty.

When I played Survive 125..I found myself making decisions saying...What the heck! One is not any better than the other..so it is just a toss up! I had already given up on life ...after playing this game...if I was in this situation. I am not one to really push for a certain charity. I love all charities and may God Bless all those that start them and run them...but this game kind of put me in a poor foriegn country. It was crazy! Our country isn't the strongest it's been ... our own country is going through alot...but at the moment..we have our own free will to drink water...or go to McDonalds if we don't feel like cooking. There was questions in this game that were unanswerable to me...I signed up on Compassion to be a blogger for this cause. So every once in a while they will send me an email with a special cause they are bringing attention to and I will blog about my feelings..not hard...and I hope it brings awareness to the few that I reach. I do hope you play the game....and come back and let me kow how you felt playing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so nice to know that I am not talking to myself. I love reading your comments and I try to respond to each and every one! Thank you for stopping by!